15 min. Preparation Time
There is no one who does not like french fries. But for our health and weight control, it is useful not to consume french fries too often. In this case, the recipe for french fries in the oven comes to our rescue. Is it possible to make crispy and delicious french fries in the oven as well as in the pan? Of course its possible. There are certain tricks to making crispy french fries in the oven. Try our step-by-step recipe with these tricks. From now on, you will not even think of preparing french fries any other way.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 2 packets of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder
Baked French Fries Recipe
1. Peel the skins off the potatoes and wash them well.
2. Slice thinly.
3. Add 1 tea glass of hot water, 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of salt to a deep bowl. Stir until the baking soda and salt dissolve in the hot water.
4. Add cold water to it.
5. Take the thinly sliced potatoes into the container where you add water.
6. Soak the potato slices in water with baking soda and salt for 15 minutes.
7. At the end of the time, drain the potatoes and wash them in plenty of water.
8. One of the most important tricks when making french fries in the oven is that the potato slices are very well dried. Take the thoroughly drained potatoes into a clean kitchen towel and dry them well.
9. Take the potato slices into your deep bowl. Add 2 packets of baking soda to it and mix.
10. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the potato slices and mix again.
11. Prepare the spice mix in a separate bowl. It is important to add salt to make the potatoes crispy. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the spice mix.
12. You can choose other spices according to your taste. You can add cumin, curry, cayenne pepper, black pepper, turmeric, garlic powder, thyme and rosemary according to your desire.
13. Add the spice mix you prepared to the potato slices and mix well again.
14. Place the potato slices on the baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
15. Preheat the oven at 220 degrees with the fan on. Run the upper grill as well. Place the tray in the oven.
16. Stir the potatoes every 10 minutes so that they brown evenly.
17. Cook for about 30 to 35 minutes, stirring 3-4 times.
18. When the potato wedges are nicely browned on all sides, the oven fries are ready!
Enjoy your meal.